Assignment | Information Systems homework help
Answer the following questions:
- LinkedIn does not collect the credit card or other financial account information of its members. Why then would profit-motivated hackers be interested in stealing LinkedIn’s stored data? What data would they be most interested in?
- Companies are often slow to self-detect data breaches so a cyberattack can occur without a company even knowing it has a problem. What effect do you think LinkedIn’s failure to self-detect its massive data breach had on its popularity and credibility?
- Most corporate security incidents are uncovered by a third party, like a security firm, that picks up on evidence of malicious activity. Why do you think IT security experts and not LinkedIn discovered the data breach?
- LinkedIn’s lax approach to members’ information security and weak passwords was very surprising to members and information security professionals. Why?
- Identify and evaluate the actual and potential business risks and damages from LinkedIn’s data breach.
- Why is data encryption an important information security defense?
- Discuss why information security is a concern of senior managers.
- Explain why someone who used the same password for several sites would need to change all those passwords. In your opinion, was LinkedIn negligent in protecting its main asset? Explain.
Note: Current APA is not required, except for references (including citing the case).
Ensure you have provided a complete solution to each question.