Dietz v. perez dispute report with q&a
Read the two documents that chronicle the Dietz v. Perez dispute.
- What is the main source of the problem? Was there a contract?
- What option(s) Dietz could have exercised instead of suing Perez in a court for the unpaid bill for the work he did for Perez? What could he have done differently?
- Why didn’t Dietz win his case for collecting the unpaid bills?
- Was Perez justified with her “allegedly” disparaging or slander remarks in online sites (angieslist.com and yelp.com)? What could she have done?
- Did Dietz have a case against Perez for ruining his business? He was asking the court for both injunction remedy and monetary compensation. What options could he have taken to settle the escalating dispute?
- Why did the Supreme Court of Virginia issued a summary reversal of the injunction?
- What is the lesson that you learned from this?