Web proposal | Computer Science homework help
Assignment 2: LASA 1: Web Proposal and Site Analysis Report
Description of LASA:
For this assignment, you will develop a web proposal for a fictitious organization; the proposal should include wireframes and display the design and layout of the website. You will also analyze several websites and critique their design, highlighting any exemplary design features.
Part I: Creation of a Site Map and a Web Proposal
Doug Kowalski is a freelance photographer who specializes in photographing nature scenes. He often gets contract work of shooting photographs for textbooks and journals. Kowalski would like a website that showcases his talents and provides publishers an easy way to contact him. He would like the website to include a Home page, additional pages with samples of his work, and a Contact page.
Create a 4–6 page report on the basis of the following:
- Create a site map based on this scenario. A site map is a proposed organizational layout of the web design that you will be recommending for the organization.
- Develop and include wireframe page layouts for Kowalski’s photography business (the Home page, content pages, and the Contact page) in the site map.
- Develop and include wireframes showing the design and layout of the website, including the navigational structure.
- Create and include a web proposal document that is convincing to gain approval for this project. Include all estimated resources, time, and costs.
- Justify the rationale for developing the website and the benefits to Kowalski’s business in terms of return on investment (ROI).
Part II: Website Analysis and Summary
In an effort to convince Kowalski about what it takes to produce a high-quality website, you will critique another website and summarize how it can be improved.
First, choose and review any one of the websites mentioned below:
Second, in approximately 2 pages, include the following in your final report to Kowalski:
- Summarize your reaction to the selected website. Your summary should:
- Evaluate whether the website reaches the intended audience. Justify your reasoning.
- Select three examples that support how the website uses recommended web design guidelines.
- Recommend the ways in which the website can be improved.
Note: Your final deliverable will be in a Microsoft Word document that is approximately 6–8 pages in length and utilizes at least three professional sources (beyond your textbook). Your report should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., in APA format); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By the due date assigned, save your report as M3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc and submit it to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsCreated a site map based on the provided scenario. Developed a sample wireframe page layout in your site map.56Created and included a web proposal document that is convincing and designed to gain approval for this project. Included all estimated resources, time, and costs24Justified your rationale for your chosen website design based on ROI for Kowalski’s business.24Evaluated whether the website reaches the intended audience and justified your reasoning.20Selected three examples that support how this website uses recommended web design guidelines.16Recommended the ways in which this website can be improved16Writing Components:
- Organization (12)
- Usage and Mechanics (12)
- APA Elements (16)
- Style (4)