ast week we had Mark Meelhuesen shared his insights into Process Improvement.
Please copy and paste the following link in order to see Mark’s profile and more interesting info https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-meelhuysen/
What were your three key takeaways from class? How can you implement what you learned in class in your everyday life?
Be creative and have fun with the assignment.
Note: Please feel free to use your imagination based in your Process Improvement’s knowledge and the noted that I will leave below for you in order to complete this task. Here are the notes that I took from that presentation:
The methods to discover the reason everything
What is a Root Cause Analysis?
Is an approach used to analyze serious problems before trying to solve them.
Why does RCA matter?
- Prevents repeat issues
- Ends slapping bandaids on’ and focuses on permanent solutions
- Protects value creation process
- Reduces risks of adverse events and lawsuit
- Increases trust in you, your company, or brand image
- Improved workplace safety and culture
- Will directly improve your life and your chances of success
Different kinds of RCA
- 5 Why’s
- RCA Diagram
. Supplied on time
. Where do we quality check?
- Invented by Sakichi Toyoda
- Used in Toyota Production System
Practical Application of RCA
- Project is over-budget
- Missed deadline
- Low morale and high turnover
- Machine failure
- Workplace accident
Group assignment only has 50 percent of people engaged
Personal Application of RCA
- Life Events
RCA – Quick and Dirty
5 Why’s – Scenario
RCA – 5 Why’s Example, Bad Example
Bib slipped on some oil. Why?
Activity – 5 Why’s
Root – Cause – Flat Tire
- avoid constructions, don’t drive at the sidewalks