Purpose and benefits of assessments digital presentation
The next two are discuss question
1. Create a 12-15 slide informative digital presentation for a special education and/or early intervention staff in-service that:
- Communicates the purpose and benefits of assessments in the early childhood environment.
- Describes the purpose and benefits of collaborating with related service providers during the assessment process.
- Outlines and describes the multidisciplinary approach, interdisciplinary approach, and transdisciplinary approach collaboration models.
- Identifies the benefits of using assessment data to inform educational decisions, develop goals, monitor progress, and inform teaching practices in the classroom.
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources. Include a title slide, a references slide, and presenter’s notes within your presentation.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion
2. You have accepted a new special education position in a new K-Grade 5 school. As you are preparing for the assessment and IEP development of a child receiving services for delays in multiple areas of development, you are informed by one of the IEP team members that she does not feel a need to collaborate with the other team members because her area of service is not affected by the other developmental areas being evaluated. How would you handle this situation? Why did you choose to handle it the way you did?
3. Collecting information about student progress is important to making informed educational decisions and creating effective learning experiences for students. What are some of the challenges you think teachers face in collecting accurate assessment data and how do you think those challenges can be overcome?