Two assignments – week 1 apply select a business scenario and week 1 | BSA425 Bsit Capstone | University of Phoenix
Two Assignments need to be completed based on the same project proposal
Assignment 1 – Using Business Scenario Template Attached
Assignment 2 is located below assignment 1 – Using Project proposal template attached.
All projects begin by answering one of two questions:
- How can I make business scenario ABC better or more efficient?
- What business scenario can I automate to benefit organization XYZ?
For this assignment, select a business scenario you would like to develop into a project over the next five weeks. You have two options:
- You may select one of the two business scenarios described in Select a Business Scenario.
- You may select a business scenario of your choosing. This can be a scenario from your workplace; for example, a frustrating process you have been eager to rework or a potential process you have been thinking of that does not exist yet but that you think would be valuable to your organization if it were developed into an IT project.
Note: If you decide to select a business scenario of your choosing, you must obtain approval from your instructor for your scenario before beginning the project proposal assignment, which is also due this week.
Download Select a Business Scenario and read through the options.
Type your selection (Scenario A, Scenario B, or Scenario C) directly into the Select a Business Scenario document (on the space provided next to each scenario). If you select Scenario C, you must include a scenario description as outlined in the document.
Submit your assignment.
The purpose of the project proposal is to describe a project (i.e., to describe how to automate or improve the automation of a specific business process) and then to explain how completing the project will positively affect the business.
Once a project proposal is accepted, project work can begin; therefore, a successful project proposal must include all of the information necessary for stakeholders to make a go/no-go decision, including a statement of scope, a list of the benefits you expect the proposed project to provide, and a rough estimate of how long it will take and how much it will cost to complete the project.
For this assignment, you will create a 3- to 4-page project proposal for the business scenario you selected earlier this week and that was approved by your instructor. For your project proposal, be sure to:
- Complete the Project Proposal Template based on the business scenario you selected (and that was approved by your instructor) earlier this week. If you prefer, you may re-create the template using another software application of your choice, such as Microsoft Excel®.
- Develop a project definition and scope that defines the project and articulates the business context for the project.
- Identify problems that the proposed system is expected to solve (or opportunities the proposed project is expected to produce).
- Create project objectives.
- Create the project methodology or game plan.
- Compile a high-level schedule for completing the project scope.
Refer to this week’s learning activities for help creating your project proposal.
Submit your assignment.