operation managment Case Study: West Coast University
Learning Goal: I’m working on a management case study and need support to help me learn.
The case assignments are to be prepared on an individual basis even if you are doing a team presentation. It is expected that the content of your written case will reflect your thoughts and analysis rather than the work of others. DO NOT USE THE INTERNET TO GET INFORMATION ON THE CASE. All the information you need is in the case study or in your textbook. Do your own work. Just because this is an online class, it does NOT mean that everything online is for your use. Use discretion to avoid plagiarism and possible cheating. I know what is on the internet and I don’t want to find it in your case studies. The criteria for grading individual written case analyses include:
● Identification of key problems/strategic issues.
● Demonstrate that you can use the concepts, tools and techniques of operations management presented in your textbook. Both breadth and depth of analysis will be evaluated.
● Present realistic workable, well-supported recommendations for action.
● Use good communication skills. Each case should be written using good grammar and formatted to meet APA requirements. Mistakes, bad grammar and lack of format will reflect in your score on the assignment. Proof read all assignments. (Don’t rely on spell check to correct all mistakes. Properly document all sources of references—no exceptions).
● Evidence of adequate preparation, pride of workmanship, and display of professional attitude and approach.
● All students are to prepare for the case study discussion by thoroughly reading and analyzing ALL cases-no exceptions. Even if you are not submitting a written case study, you must still be thoroughly prepared for each and every case. Case Study Paper Format
● APA format
● No longer than 3 pages – double spaced
● Abstract (check your APA manual on how to do this properly for case studies)
● Background – no more than ½ page. Only include pertinent information that has brought the organization to its current situation.
● Issues – Identify the pertinent issues that the organization is facing.
● Analysis – Using analysis tools/concepts from your text or appropriate mathematical calculations; perform the appropriate analysis of the data/situation. (Analysis tools can be placed in an appendix and are not counted in the limit of 3 pages. Only include a summary of the results of the analysis performed in the body of the paper).
● Recommendations – Provide possible recommendations that will resolve the issues identified. Select the best recommendation(s) and support your decision.
● Conclusion All written case studies are to be submitted via Sakai no later than the date/ti