Pop up Art History/Annotated Illustration
Learning Goal: I’m working on a art question and need guidance to help me learn.
Find a photo online or draw an illustration of a piece of artwork in this module. Annotate this image with text labels and descriptions of the key points in the picture. You will be asked to use labels and arrows to analyze an image, and identify key aspects of narrative and style. Your annotated illustration must include:
- The title, artist, medium, and size of the work.
- A large image on one of the works covered in this module.
- A citation for the source of the image as well as the sources of the annotations.
- Minimum of ten annotations, written in full sentences, covering the following:
- Form of the work
- Function of the work
- Content of the work
- Context of the work
How can you add the “pop-ups” or annotations?
- Microsoft Word has AutoShapes loaded that look like speech bubbles. From the Insert Menu, choose “Picture” and then “AutoShapes.” The AutoShapes menu should appear on the desktop.
- There are many online image annotation programs on the web. Many of them are free.