Oswego outbreak investigation | public health nurse
Read the “Oswego Outbreak Investigation,” located in the study materials.
In a 750-1,000 word paper, evaluate the situation and present your findings. Include the following:
- Refer to the “Oswego Outbreak Investigation.” Read the scenario and review the epidemic curve that describes the time of onset of illness. What does this curve tell you regarding the average incubation period, source, and transmission?
- Using the incubation range and clinical symptoms, identify potential infectious agents that could be responsible for the outbreak (refer to the study material, “Compendium of Acute Foodborne and Waterborne Diseases”). Provide an explanation for your findings.
- Why is this considered an outbreak? Discuss the criteria for why it is considered an outbreak.
- Describe the steps required to investigate an outbreak and apply each step to the Oswego event. Include the relevant information needed for each step to be successful.
- Discuss the possible routes of transmission for the expected agent.
- Based on this information, what control measures would you recommend? State a control measure for each prevention level: primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
I have attached two attachments that go along with the assignment. Please review this.