Need dq answer and pa paper
Subject: Motivating Others
Professional Assignment 1 – CLO3
Two Contemporary Companies’ Use of Crowdsourcing: Threadless and ChallengePost on Page 77
- Why is Threadless so successful?
- What competitive advantages do they have over comparable design firms using traditional strategies for product design?
- What is the logic of crowdsourcing and why has it caught on in so many areas and for so many applications?
- What are some potential traps and limitations of crowdsourcing efforts?
- Identify at least two other businesses, or business functions, that you think could achieve breakthrough gains via the use of crowdsourcing.
Document your citations throughout the text of a 3 page paper; APA is the accepted format for all Westcliff University classes. Your papers must include an introduction and a clear thesis, several body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Top papers demonstrate a solid understanding of the material and critical thinking.
2. Need DQ Answer:
300 words each for the DQ,no palgiarism, use 3 references and in-text citation and turn it in for the content.
Discussion Question 1 – (CLOs covered : 1)
You have worked as a sales representative for the last three years, and your boss has just quit. You have been asked to take over as manager of your region, and you are going to accept for two reasons. First, you would like to move up and try something different and more challenging. Second, you have been very disappointed with the way your prior manager ran your sales group. He was not a good people manager and he did very little to motivate the sales representatives. More specifically, he let the low performers slide by, while the top performers (which you feel you are) did not seem to be recognized for their contributions. The situation was not horrible; he was not abusive or hostile in any way. But you know the group has some talented people and could do much better–if only they had a motivational spark. So how would you proceed in this situation? Where would you start? What types of things would you do to enhance motivation? What would be the biggest obstacles to getting this group energized? Would there be any predictable traps to avoid?