Case analysis: “mattel confronts its marketing challenges”
“Mattel Confronts Its Marketing Challenges” (located in textbook appendix)
After reading, reviewing and analyzing the case study write a paper on the ethics and responsibilities of Mattel. Within your paper be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What special obligations do children’s products manufacturers have to consumers and society?
2. How effective has Mattel been at encouraging ethical and legal conduct by its manufacturers?
3. What changes and additions would you make to the company’s global manufacturing principles?
4. To what extent is Mattel responsible for issues related to its production of toys in China?
5. How might Mattel have avoided these issues?
6. Explore how laws have been changed or written as result of Mattel’s issues.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
· Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style (download an APA sample paper from the Purdue OWL here).
· Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
· Include cover page and reference page.
· At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
· No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
· Use an appropriate number of references to support your position, and defend your arguments. The following are examples of primary and secondary sources that may be used, and non-credible and opinion based sources that may not be used.
1. Primary sources such as, government websites (United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States Census Bureau, The World Bank, etc.), peer reviewed and scholarly journals in EBSCOhost and Google Scholar.
3. Non-credible and opinion based sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. should not be used.
Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased statements, information, etc.) in the paper and list each source on a reference page using APA style.