Organizational theory and structure in action
Scenario: You are a health care consultant with a thriving practice working with Boston-area hospitals. Your expertise is in organizational design and organizational behavior. One of your clients, Gary Gottlieb, of Brigham and Women’s Hospital, has accepted your proposal to work with his organization on the opening of the Shapiro Cardivascular Center. In your consulting experience you have found that reviewing the history of organizational theory helps management teams creatively approach the challenge they face. In addition, it is important to be able to analyze management’s contribution to organizational effectiveness and consider how strategy shapes organizational structure
1. Power-point presentation. References
2. 15 slides.
3. review the provided scenario, and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital: Shapiro Cardiovascular Center case study
4. Develope a presentation on organizational theory and structure for the senior executive team of the cardiovascular center
Include presenter notes (no more than 1/2 page per slide), use tables and or diagrams where appropriate. Support with specific citations. At least 4 scholarly sources (references)
Address the following:
A. evaluate theories of organizational design
1. describe three of the most important contributions to organizational theory
2. explain how those contributions influence organizational structure and summarize the most relevant learning for the Shapiro Cardiovascular Center
B. Analyze unique aspects of Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) and Brigham and Women’s Physicians Organization (BWPO) organizational structure and the design of the physical space.
C. Analyze two ways management has been both effective and ineffective. Recommend three best practices that Brigham and Women’s management can refer to when working on other projects
D. Using organizational theory as a framework, identify four challenges that the Shapiro Cardivascular Center management team is faced with in aligning strategy and organizational culture. Include the potential impact on key stakeholders