Management final paper | Management homework help
15- 20 pages with double space and 12 font size for management class
Instructions: Answer the five (5) questions below. Your answers should be well thought out and properly structured to represent systematic thinking. Your answers should integrate as much of our material from this course as possible to support your responses. Show me that you “know your stuff” based on the material covered during our class. Each question is worth 20 points. I wish you well!
1. You have just been hired for a newly created position, the Director of Organizational and Leadership Development, in a medium size service organization. During your first day on the job the CEO sits down with you and shares, “We are growing so fast coming out of the downturn that we are struggling to create an effective management development system for our leaders and they are struggling. I want you to give me a brief report on the following key issues and try to keep it responsibly concise.”
a. Develop a model for management development that can be diagramed and described on one page that point out how to best improve manager/leader performance.
b. What specific things should your organization be doing to increase the likelihood of developing high performance, results-oriented managers and conversely, to reduce the likelihood of managerial failure?
c. What factors do you anticipate might prevent your organization from being successful at developing the managerial talent its need to be successful? What are the barriers? What will you do about it?
[Your response to this question should be presented and formatted in a fashion that you would want you new boss to read and absorb].
2. Based on our discussions and readings:
a. Why do managers really fail to get results for their organizations?
b. Do you think that managerial failure will be more or less common in the future?
c. Will managers be more or less likely to recover their careers after managerial failure in the future?
Explain your position in each of these responses (a-c).
d. Explain why getting results is so important to a manager’s career and what they must do to get better results in 400 words or less!
3. Several of our reading and discussions have made very strong cases for the fact that developing effective human resources can greatly enhance organizational performance and success.
a. Identify and describe ten (10) key organizational practices that can be used to enhance organizational performance and the key management actions necessary to support and sustain these efforts.
b. The performance equation states that “Performance= f (Ability x Motivation x Support). Explain how the ten (10) practices you identified fit into this equation.
c. Explain why each of these various groups might fail to embrace/support these efforts:
· Top management
· Middle management
· First-line supervision
· Members of the work force
4 . Explain how you will use what you learned about groups or teams to get results in any
organization you work for in the future.
5. a. Explain how and why organizational improvement and change initiatives should be run to achieve desirable outcomes.
b. According to the “theory of emotional intelligence,” how does a manager go about acquiring these important and diverse leadership skills?
c. How does a leader become more results-oriented? (Not what do they have to do to get better results but how do they become a person capable of doing those things consistently and doing them well.)
d. What specific things should a leader do to create a motivational environment for the people that work for him/her?.
For q 5b
Here is a bref summary of the three parts of emotional intelligence:
Cognitive intelligence helps to:
• Comprehend complex ideas.
• Reason based on facts.
• Plan a course of action.
• Solve problems.
• Make rational decisions.
• Effective negotiators use cognitive abilities to master the issues involved, plan accordingly, and develop a sound strategy.
• Definition: The extent to which a person is attuned to his or her own feelings and to the feelings of others.
• E.I. Consists of:
• Self-Awareness – Being cognizant of your own thoughts, moods, impulses, and behavior.
• Self-Regulation – Channeling emotions into behavior that is appropriate for the situation.
• Self-Motivation – Enables you to pursue goals with persistence and energy.
• Patience – Gaps between parties take time to resolve.
• Empathy – Understanding feelings of others and taking their views into account.
• Definition: The ability to understand other people, what motivates them, and how to work cooperatively with them.
• Negotiators with interpersonal intelligence:
• Know how to build relationships.
• Are good listeners.
• Enjoy interactions.
And watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qlJ_Y8w5Yk to answer some of the q using kotter’s 8 step change model