Unit 4 Discussion board for ITAS 669
At the end of each unit, DB participation is assessed based on level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion. DBs allow learners to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB are accepted after the end of the unit. Learners must demonstrate an appropriate depth of understanding of course content to receive credit for having submitted substantive posts. Typically, this is achieved with 3–4 strong paragraphs for Main Posts and 2–3 strong paragraphs for Response Posts.
As you begin to perform the information systems audit for PVSS, assume the identity of a different person in the scenario. For this Discussion Board, you are now the Network Systems Manager for PVSS.
As the Network Systems Manager, how would you create the following four controls (or policies) to be used by PVSS:
- Entity level control
- Network level control
- Operating system level control
- Web or database server level control
Keep in mind that each control should focus on a specific topic and offer the following structure:
- The Policy Statement: This is a statement defining the specific action or regulation.
- Responsibilities: Who is responsible for various actions?
- Enforcement: How the policy will be validated?
- Violations: What are the consequences for violation?