Learning Goal: I’m working on a management project and need support to help me learn.
Week 6: Interactive activity
1.1 Learning Outcomes:
- Discuss how training, informal learning, and knowledge management can contribute to continuous learning and companies’ business strategy.
- Explain the role of the manager in identifying training needs and supporting training on the job.
- Conduct a needs assessment.
- Evaluate employees’ readiness for training.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of presentation, hands-on, and group training methods.
- Identify the major parts of an effective performance management process.
- Discuss the three general purposes of performance management.
- Identify the five criteria for effective performance management systems.
- Discuss the five approaches to performance management, the specific techniques used in each approach, and the way these approaches compare with the criteria for effective performance management systems.
- Choose the most effective approach to performance measurement for a given situation.
6.2 Action Required:
Here are five behavioral critical thinking questions.
- How do you go about completing a task without clear information?
- What is the most difficult work-related decision you’ve had to make?
- How do you respond to opposing viewpoints?
- How quickly do you make decisions?
- Have you ever anticipated a problem before it arose? How did you deal with it?
6.3 Test your Knowledge (Question):
Pick two questions of your choice and answer them in your own words
- Answer the question in test your knowledge section.
- Post your answer in the discussion board using the discussion link below (Week6:Interactive learning Discussion)