|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
Department of Business Administration
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Marketing Management (MGT 201)
Due Date: 8th October 2022 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Marketing Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT201||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 2022-23|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of 15||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Recognize an understanding of the overall marketing concepts, goals and strategies within the context of organizations goals and strategies. (CLO-1)
- Develop critical and analytical thinking necessary to overcome challenges and issues of marketing in the changing global environment. (CLO-4)
Part-A: Case Study
Read the Chapter Case Study “A Flood of Water Consumption Choices” from Chapter No- 1 “Overview of Marketing” Page: – 24 and 25 given in your textbook/E-book – “Marketing” (8th ed.) by Dhruv. Grewal and Michael Levy (2022) and answer the following Questions:
- How does marketing impact the consumption of water, and how has this impact changed since the mid-20th century? (2.5 Marks)
- Describe three distinct target markets for drinking water. How does marketing create value for each of these segments using the four Ps: product, price, place, and promotion? (2.5 Marks)
- How has changing societal values impacted the way in which water is purchased and consumed? (2.5 Marks)
Part-B: Critical Thinking
Reading required: – Read Chapter 3, 5, 6 and 7 carefully and then put your answers based on your understanding.
- Suppose you own an herbal tea company and you want to introduce a new product called Mint-Enhanced Tea—a mint and lemon herbal tea. Being a marketer, how you should go about creating excitement using various social and mobile media tools?
Chapter-3. (2.5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
- Today, marketers cannot ignore consumers’ concerns about the environmental impact of the firm’s activities. What are some of the environmental concerns consumers have regarding marketing activities? Critically examine how can marketers address these important concerns? Chapter-5 (5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
- Taking into account the example of buying “iPads” for personal use versus buying more than “100 iPads” for a firm, how you can differentiate between the consumer buying process discussed in Chapter-6 and the B2B buying process discussed in Chapter-7?
Chapter-6 and 7 (2.5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
Important Notes: –
- For each question, you need to answer not in less than 150 Words.
- Support your answers with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles
- Use APA style for writing references.