I need help! Data Reports
Learning Goal: I’m working on a data analytics report and need support to help me learn.
LiveWell Hospital is a 500-bed, critical access hospital that schedules between 22,000 to 26,000 visits a year. LiveWell provides surgical, medical, and acute care, 24-hour emergency room services, outpatient services, health education, behavioral services, and home and hospice care. It employs 2200 people, including 275 physicians.
You are the HIM Director of LiveWell Hospital. The board of directors has made a priority for the hospital to enter the 21st century by converting its operations to an Electronic Health Records (EHR) system. You have been assigned to oversee the project. You are, therefore, responsible for ensuring that the needs of the hospital have been carefully assessed and that the planning process for bringing an EHR system online is effective.
In preparing to gain stakeholder buy-in, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of LiveWell Hospital has asked you to attend a meeting with the project’s stakeholders and prepare a professional report to discuss EHR data needs, standards and laws regulating EHRs, and the importance of including patient-engagement technologies within the EHR.
To prepare the report, complete the following tasks:
- Compile a table for the LiveWell departments/functions that includes:
- The types of data needed
- Urgency of the data needed (immediate availability for current inpatients, retrievable with a specific time period, etc.)
- Storage needs
- LiveWell departments/functions:
- Administrative functions (reporting, data analytics for decision-making, etc.)
- Human resources functions (hiring, termination, employee benefits, etc.)
- Billing office (coding and billing, accounts receivable, etc.)
- Admissions, discharge, and transfer (ADT system)
- Evaluate the data needs for the organization and write a summary of the data needs for the organization. Include the management of the needed use and access, and the storage requirements to maintain sufficient data to support the patients’ care. Include a breakdown of the requirements related to gathering, capturing, structuring, storing, protecting, and retrieving data.
- Determine what regulations, standards, and laws that the EHR must comply with and the repercussions of non-compliance.
- Justify the importance of including patient-engagement technologies within the EHR system such as telemedicine and patient portals.
Submit your report in a Word document.