Week 8: Current Issues/Trends PowerPoint Presentation
- Choose from one of the following topics:
- Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic or natural disaster across the country or around the globe
- The effect of the media on nursing image. How can nurses educate the public and help portray the true image of nursing?
- The prevalence and impact of substance abuse among nurses (impaired nursing)
- Impact of collective bargaining on the nursing profession
- Social media influences on health or health care delivery
- Impact of workplace harassment and violence on the nursing profession
- You may select from ONE of the following technological advances and discuss its impact on patient outcomes:
- Telehealth technology
- Health applications
- Health-related/electronic wearables
- You must use the PowerPoint presentation template provided at the top of this assignment.
- You are to create bullet points for each slide, not including the title and reference slides. Every slide must have a speaker note with a minimum of 4-5 sentences addressing the bulleted items on the slide.
- Include a minimum of 4-5 peer-reviewed research articles as references in the presentation. All research articles need to have been published within 5 years from today’s date. No blog, chat, other university or Wikipedia information allowed in presentation. The PowerPoint presentation must follow current APA styleLinks to an external site..
- Your presentation should include the following slides:
- Title slide
- Why the topic was chosen
- How your topic impacts nursing practice
- Current relevance of the topic
- Clinical Practice Integration
- Plan for lobbying: Describe in detail your plan for how you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen current issue or trend.
- Reference slide
- High Turnitin scores will be evaluated on an individual basis and may result in points deducted and/or a grade of “zero” for the assignment. Use the Turnitin Plagiarism Check to upload your assignment and verify your plagiarism score before submitting your assignment.
You will need to follow these steps below for saving your PowerPoint so that your speaker notes are visible:
- Open your PPT and go to “file” in top left corner.
- Click “print” option. Make sure “print all slides” and “print slides with notes” is selected.
- Go to “Save As” on the left hand side and be sure you save as a PDF.
- Under your save as selection, click “more options”. Select the “Options” button and click the “Publish What” pull-down and then select “Notes Pages.” (If you click slides it will not show the speaker notes)
- Click “OK.”
- Complete your selection process by checking “Open file after publishing” and selecting the “Optimize for: ‘Standard’ and ‘Minimum Size’” choices.
- Click on “Save” next to the “Tools” button at the bottom of the box.
NURS_440_OL – Week 8 PowerPoint Presentation
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIdentification, definition, and description of topic, background & why topic was chosen||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeHow the topic impacts nursing||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCurrent Relevance||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeClinical Practice Integration||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePlan for lobbying||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCreativity and Professionalism||
|Total Points: 240
Additionally, the weblinks below can help you formulate your ideas and may help create the political plan.
Please reach out if you have any questions about this assignment.
https://www.ncsbn.org/index.htmLinks to an external site.